Tuesday 22 November 2011

Things in Jars

One of the craft ideas I have been bashing around is to crochet miscellaneous things (like small octopi, weird aliens, whatever...) and then put them in jars with mock-scientific labels. As ideas go, it is one. I googled the idea ("amigurumi in jar") to see what's out there... and holy cow, the internet is weird.

Some things are really cute, like this Spider in a Jar from 1400 Amigurumi Patterns:



(Ngaw look at his widdle eyes and legs ^_^ )

Other things are really cool, like this baby alien (and others) from These Loving Hands




and the eyeballs in a jar:




Or just really awesome, like these mushrooms by SquidHead (she also has lots of octopus amigurumi ^_^ this makes me happy)



But what caused me to double-take was this, by Lil' Spider Baby:



Yep. It's a foetus in a jar. Why this disturbed me, whereas the eyeballs or the needle-felted teddy-bear foetuses in one of my earlier posts didn't, I have no idea. Maybe we should ask Freud or my mother ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment