Sunday 7 July 2013

Thursday Project Round-Up

I've never really been able to get the hang of Thursdays. I mostly spend them wishing it was Friday so that I can goof off and craft. So to get in the spirit, I'd like to use Thursdays to take stock of any ongoing projects I've got going, separately from my Etsy store.
Giganto pile o' yarn
One of my current big projects is my skull crochet blanket. It started out as a yarn-destash project, but ultimately I got completely carried away and bought tons more yarn. Oops! Anyway, it was inspired by finding my big, blue, beautiful crochet hook, weighing in at over 15mm thick! The whole blanket is made of double crochet stitches (single crochet, if you use American crochet terms), using three strands of double knit (aka light worsted) acrylic yarn. The first picture shows where I was at last Thursday, and the next of where I am today!! I'm currently attaching a black linen backing using blanket stitch, and I'll be stitching the skull to the backing too. I messed up my pattern here and there, so it looks like my skull had a serious go at a professional ice hockey career, but lalalalala whatever :-) What do you think? And yes, the cotton candy colours make me ridiculously happy. I'm adoring pastels and pastel goth at the moment!

Ignore the foot. Sigh.

1 comment: