Wednesday 13 April 2011

First Post (TM): What the heck is this blog?

As my highly unoriginal, but very accurate, post title may have indicated, I felt that this post should seek to define what I'm hoping to achieve with this blog, and to introduce myself. The stiff and formal tone of this post may also indicate that I'm not entirely sure how to go about it... *deep breath*

Essentially, I'm a slightly crafts-obsesses student, with a passion for cooking. I'm hoping to show off the things I make, get inspiration and share my recipes (as well as some of my abysmal cooking failures...).

My passion for cooking arose more as a personal challenge and general pig-headedness on my part... I want to make food that is both inexpensive and delicious but also fits in with my requirements of any given food. Well, I'm not sure how to present this to you without my readership (current number= 0) going "ew" and running away, never to look at my blog again. I may as well come out and say it... vegan.

Phew. That was hard :) Now, please don't stop reading. I have no intention to turn my lovely future blog preachy or dull, but instead fill it with noms that people of all culinary persuasions would happily eat. I also hope to suggest variations on my recipes for people who eat a wider range of food groups than I do :D

So that's me and the blog, but who is it aimed at?
-Crafters
-Anyone with food allergies, vegans, vegetarians, omnivores, people keeping kosher...
-People who cook for them
-People who eat
-Poor students
-People who read my blog because they love me (Hi Mom!)

I'm also trying to get a grip on the controls for Blogger, and hopefully soon my post will be pretty too :D

Yours in noms
Mekhetling

No comments:

Post a Comment